Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hasta la vista familia y amigos!

Hola!


Tomorrow marks the day that I will be leaving the country for the first time and heading to Costa Rica! I am wayyy excited, but full of anxiety... Will the plane ride be ok? Am i going to like the food? What will I say to my host family? So many things to be concerned about, but I cant wait to do all of the great things we have planned. The rainforest hikes, waterfalls, volcanoes, ziplining, ah so much! I really have absolutely no idea what to expect for the actual cities or towns that well be staying in. We go to San Joaquin first for a week which is a province of Heredia. Then we go to Monteverde for the second and third weeks. I cant wait to see the atmosphere and how the people interact. 


Dr. Powell keeps warning us about how much of a struggle it is going to be to communicate with the people because you are going to want to say something so badly, but you may not know the word for it or how to express how your feeling. That makes me pretty nervous, but I think it will be so fun trying to talk back and forth. My first host family has a mom and 21 year old daughter so I think I am really going to like it and relate to them well because Im about her age and live with just my mom unless Im in school. But talking to them is definitely going to be tough. The second host family which I will get in Monteverde has a mom, dad, and two kids about 7 and 9, one boy and one girl. That will be SO much fun because I absolutely adore kids.


This whole trip, everything included, is going to be such a learning experience and really open my eyes about a lot of things. I have never been out of the country and I have never really been that far from home for a long period of time. Granted, this is only about a month trip, but its a big deal for me. I cant describe how excited I am, but everyone wish me the best of luck and send me your addresses if you want a pretty postcard! 


xoxo Bri


Ps- The blog site was down before I left so I typed this in word and just posted it when the site was working

No comments:

Post a Comment